2017 ADR GRAND PRIX RULES
Printable Copy: 2017 ADR GP Scoring
The Ashtabula Distance Runners Club Grand Prix is geared to promote friendly competition among ADR members. It also promotes participation in Ashtabula County local races that have paid the club a small fee to be included.
Grand Prix Rules
- Any paid ADR member is immediately eligible from the date of registration.
- Any ADR member who participates in a Grand Prix race is eligible and will be scored. Pay your race registration, post a finishing time and you’re included. Non-members who register and pay to become a ADR member at any time after the first race are eligible to be included in scoring from that point moving forward in the season. That means we don’t go back to score to include your finishes from when you were not a member.
- There are around 30 races in 2017. You can run fewer races and still accumulate points to place. To be eligible for a season award, you must run a minimum of six races.
- Your age as of March 18, which is the first Grand Prix race (Shamrock 2 mile kickoff) determines your age group for the year.
- Age groups for males and females are: 14 and younger, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and older.
- Results will be posted on the ADR website as soon as possible after received by the Club.
- Runners who are not ADR members prior to completing a race will not be scored for that race
Series scoring for each race
Notes: Non-members are not included in series scoring. Overall placers in a race do not count as age group placers.
GP Scoring Table
||Age Group Scoring
Additional Bonus Points
•1 point participation ADR member per race
•3 points for ADR members for ADR Club-sponsored races (Shamrock, Greenway 10K and 2 mile, Indian Trails Adventure Runs 3 and 6 miles, Bridge to Bridge Half Marathon and 5K, Jingle Bell 5K)
•Note: the most points a male or female runner can achieve from one race is 24 (20 points first overall, three points for an ADR Club-sponsored races, plus 1 point participation per race)
Grand Prix Season Awards
•Overall: Top 3 overall males and females
•Age groups: Top 3 males and females
Note: All banquet qualifiers will receive a Club gift
2017 ADR Scholarship
Click on link above to print 2017 ADR Scholarship Application. Complete form (2 pages) and mail to:
P.O. Box 43
Ashtabula, Ohio 44005
2017 Grand Prix Guidelines for Race Directors
On behalf of the Ashtabula Distance Runners Club Board of Directors we would like to inform you of our guidelines for the 2017 race schedule.
Please include Ashtabula Distance Runners Club as secondary insured on the insurance policy that protects your race. If your race is not insured we can help with a one-event policy sponsored through USA Track and Field (USATF). We will be glad to discuss this with you in greater detail as needed. The intent is to protect our club and your race from any potential litigation. If you choose to use the USATF insurance option the cost per race is $100 for less than 100 participants, $125 for 100-199 participants, $150 for 200-299 participants, and $175 for 300-399 participants. If you select USATF insurance please provide payment to ADR by December 31st and we will handle the rest. Make checks to Ashtabula Distance Runners Club. We will provide USATF logo graphic that must be included on your race entry form.
- There is a $35 fee to include your race on the ADR Grand Prix Schedule. Please provide payment by January 7, 2017 to Ashtabula Distance Runners Club, PO Box 43, Ashtabula. Please submit your race entry forms promptly to Dan Loose at email@example.com. Race entry forms will be posted on ADR site upon receipt.
- Please utilize uniform age group divisions for all races with first, second and third places for all divisions starting at 14 and under, then 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 and over. We also would like a first place male and female champion which would then not receive an age group award. (most of you already do this).
- Race results shall be submitted on a first to last place basis with name, age, gender, and finish time to Dan Loose firstname.lastname@example.org and Warren Dillaway Dillaway@windstream.net before the end of race day in order to publish results in the newspaper and on our website.
- In exchange we will continue to advertise your races online, on Facebook, other social media outlets, and within the running community.
Please respond by email to (email@example.com) as quickly as possible so we know this letter was received and your intention regarding involvement in the Ashtabula Distance Runners Club Grand Prix.
ADR Committee (Warren Dillaway, John Hutchison, Dan Loose, Mary Beckwith, Terry Putt, Dawn Cragon, Luke Stecki, Stephanie Corlew)
The 2017 ADR Race Schedule is now published on this site. Click on Race Schedule Tab to view.
Please complete a 2017 ADR Membership Application to ensure the club has an accurate record of your membership.
Payment by debit or credit card or PayPal is available at the bottom of the page or can be made by sending a check to the address below. Individual memberships are $20 annually and family memberships are $25 annually.
Once finished, completed membership forms MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
P.O. Box 43
Ashtabula, Ohio 44004
2017 ADR Membership Application: 2017-adr-application
Click here for 2017 ADR Membership Application (Microsoft Word format)
Click here for 2017 ADR Membership Application (Google doc)
SAVE THE DATE: The Ashtabula Distance Runners Club Banquet is January 14 at 6 p.m. at Martinis Restaurant and Lounge, 4338 Lake Rd W, Ashtabula, OH 44004. The cost is free for those who qualified with by running six or more races. Guests are welcome for $20 per person. Further details and evites are forthcoming. It will be a fun night!
2014 ADR Application
(1) Click on 2014 ADR Application Link Above.
(2) Printout Membership Application
(3) Complete Form
(4) Include Payment
(5) Mail Form and Payment to Address on Application.