2017 ADR GRAND PRIX RULES
Printable Copy: 2017 ADR GP Scoring
The Ashtabula Distance Runners Club Grand Prix is geared to promote friendly competition among ADR members. It also promotes participation in Ashtabula County local races that have paid the club a small fee to be included.
Grand Prix Rules
- Any paid ADR member is immediately eligible from the date of registration.
- Any ADR member who participates in a Grand Prix race is eligible and will be scored. Pay your race registration, post a finishing time and you’re included. Non-members who register and pay to become a ADR member at any time after the first race are eligible to be included in scoring from that point moving forward in the season. That means we don’t go back to score to include your finishes from when you were not a member.
- There are around 30 races in 2017. You can run fewer races and still accumulate points to place. To be eligible for a season award, you must run a minimum of six races.
- Your age as of March 18, which is the first Grand Prix race (Shamrock 2 mile kickoff) determines your age group for the year.
- Age groups for males and females are: 14 and younger, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and older.
- Results will be posted on the ADR website as soon as possible after received by the Club.
- Runners who are not ADR members prior to completing a race will not be scored for that race
Series scoring for each race
Notes: Non-members are not included in series scoring. Overall placers in a race do not count as age group placers.
GP Scoring Table
|Overall Scoring||Age Group Scoring|
Additional Bonus Points
•1 point participation ADR member per race
•3 points for ADR members for ADR Club-sponsored races (Shamrock, Greenway 10K and 2 mile, Indian Trails Adventure Runs 3 and 6 miles, Bridge to Bridge Half Marathon and 5K, Jingle Bell 5K)
•Note: the most points a male or female runner can achieve from one race is 24 (20 points first overall, three points for an ADR Club-sponsored races, plus 1 point participation per race)
Grand Prix Season Awards
•Overall: Top 3 overall males and females
•Age groups: Top 3 males and females
Note: All banquet qualifiers will receive a Club gift